Add a 'Buy' button to your Insta website to direct customers to a PayPal purchase page. PayPal allows your customers to securely checkout with their PayPal account or just with a credit card.
Create individual PayPal links for each of your products or services so you can manage ordering, pricing, shipping and more.
Note: Instead of PayPal you can use any payment service that provides 'hosted payment pages'! A hosted payment page is an external website where a customer can checkout.
Setting up your product or service on PayPal
Start by logging in to your PayPal account, then:
1. Log into your PayPal account
2. Go to PayPal Payment Buttons
3. Select the Buy Now button option. If you can't see the Buy Now option, you may not be logged in. Please log in to proceed.
4.. Ensure 'Buy Now' is selected as the button type then fill in the required details, Eg. Item name, Item ID number, Price and Postage charge (if applicable).
Please note: You cannot use the additional fields under the Customise button options. Using these options will stop you from creating your button link in a future step.
5. Click Create Button
6. Once your PayPal button has been generated, click on the Email tab where you'll find a link to your PayPal hosted payment page. Copy this link to use later.
Please note: If you can't see the email tab you have probably used some of the more advanced customisation functionality. Go back to the previous step and try just filling in Item name, Item ID number, Price and Postage charge (if applicable).
Adding a Buy button to your Insta website
1. Add or Edit an existing Card
2. Locate the 'Link URL' field on the Edit page and paste the link from PayPal
3. Tap Save, Preview and then Publish
What will your customers see?
A customer on your Insta website can click your 'Buy' link and they'll go straight to a checkout page where they can pay with their PayPal account or by credit card: