Instagram no longer allows external apps (like Milkshake) use your Instagram account as a sign in method 😢
This means that in order to use the Milkshake app, all users must create a Milkshake account. Setting up an account is easy! All you need is an email address and a password.
If you’ve already got an Insta website, don’t worry - you’ll be able to add it to your Milkshake account after setting your Milkshake password!
You’ll only need to go through this account set-up process once per Insta website.
Claiming your existing Insta website
If you’ve already got an Insta website, you’ll need to claim it by creating a new Milkshake account and follow the prompts:
1. Open the Milkshake app and on the login page, click ‘Have an account? Sign in’ at the bottom of the page
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click ‘Set your password here’
3. Enter your email address, choose a new password and then tap Continue
4. Tap Connect to Instagram
5. Enter your Instagram username and password, then tap Login
OR tap Continue with Facebook
If prompted, tap Authorize to allow Milkshake to access your Instagram profile info.
6. Behind the scenes we’ll connect your Milkshake account to your Insta website and in two shakes you’ll be in the app again 🎉
Important things to note
- If you have more existing Milkshake websites, you’ll need to go through the steps above to create a new Milkshake account for each website.
- Each Milkshake account requires a unique email address. You must use a different email address to create each account